Awards and recognition
The best CAD solution for packaging has been recognized for its innovation and the application of new technologies in the company.
The Toribio Echevarría 2007 Award for creation and Innovation
Last Wednesday, November 28, 2007, the awards for the 18th year of the Toribio Echevarría competition, which reward technological creation and innovation in enterprises, were given out in the Coliseo Theatre of Eibar. 29 projects were presented in the 2007 edition.
Modelmaker, a web-based packaging design application developed by The Box Builder, came away the second prize in this 18th edition.
This second prize received in less than a year only reinforces the total effor of the entire team of The Box Builder to continue developing and offering innovative solutions that permit its clients to become more competitive in a global market.
Noticas de Gipuzkoa
2006 Innovation award
Shortly before launching the tool on the market, the project achieved first prize in the "ENPRESA DIGITALA 2006" awards, which recognize projects by SMEs in the Basque Country which best incorporate new information technologies.
The aim of the award is to promote increased business competitiveness through the use of new information and communication technologies, while also seeking to support new on-line businesses through training and support for professionals in the new economy, all of which is a decisive factor in economic growth.
The judges believe that the Guipúzcoa company is "firmly commited to innovation" and is the first company to provide an assisted on-line design tool which allows clients to design customized boxes and packaging "without having to possess specialist knowledge". (Noticias de Guipúzcoa).
Noticias de Gipuzkoa...
A company that doesn´t make use of new technologies will struggle
The manager of the company that won the most important Enpresa Digitala prize has no doubts: "TICs represent the future"»
Proud of the recognition received from Basque institutions through the Enpresa Digitala awards, Lasa advocates developing new technologies to usher in new business models.
- Yes, of course. But this award at least confirms that we have been doing things fairly well. We have put many years of effort into this projects and winning such as prize, whether sought or not, is important.
- In summary, the prize is for the creation of a tool that allows companies to design boxes online. Is it not like much-feared instruction manuals?
- No... We manufacture die boards for graphic arts. Our clients work with cartonboard. When we make die boards, the box design becomes very important. Until very recently we designed and manufactured and through this project we aim to benefit by giving our clients the opportunity to design their boxes via our website. Clients can design the exact boxes they want.
- How long has the project taken?
- We have been working for 5 years since the original idea.
- What are your expectations? Will client response be positive?
- Given that the product is sold on the Internet, as long as the market responds we will try to expand around the world.
- Die board and on-line. Tradition and future?
- Yes, you could say that. In reality, ours is a traditional company that takes advantage of new technologies to develop a new business model.
- What role do you think new technologies will play in the future?
- A huge one. It naturally depends on what companies do. Whether your like it or not, it´s clear that new tecnologies represent the future, and are already playing a massive role. 5 years? 10 years? I don´t know. Everything moves so quickly these days and the companies that can´t keep up will struggle.
- Do institutions provide good support for companies?
- Yes, indeed. We are here because institutions grant help so that companies can develop their own projects, as in this case. When I say help, I obviously mean financial help.
More information ...
2006 Innovation award
The aim of the award is to promote increased business competitiveness through the use of new information and communication technologies, while also seeking to support new on-line business through training and support for professionals in the new economy, all of which is a decisive factor in economic growth.